Tuesday, November 11, 2008

At last an editor speaks out (even if he is a 'former editor')

Congratulations to Chris Rushton for breaking ranks at the Society of Editors Conference and exposing the failings of management at Trinity Mirror.

In a blog a few days ago I reported that after my comments about BBC Local had caused some controversy at a meeting at Parliament I received an email from Trinity Mirror's corporate communications bods telling me why I didn't know what I was talking about.

I hope they are reading Chris Rushton's comments - one of their former editors - who says of the local newspapers' opposition to the BBC's plans: "You can't say it's your patch if you don't use it. You've not invested - you've just announced 20% redundancies in Newcastle. How are you going to do that and cover a patch?"

Read the full article here

No comments: